Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hannah's New Piano Pieces

I learned many new piano pieces over the spring months.

  • Waltz Of The Flowers (from the Nutcracker Ballet'') by Peter Tschikowsky  
  • Sonatina in G Major by Kuhlau
  • March /Marche Op. 65, No. 10 by Sergei Prokofiev
  • Dance by Dmitri Shostakovich
  • Anna Polka by E. Strauss

First I played Waltz Of The Flowers ( from the Nutcracker Ballet'') by Peter Tchaikovsky. I had to press the pedal while playing the piece. This was my favorite piece because its from the Nutcracker Ballet and I like to watch the ballet. In the ballet, Clara is dancing with the nutcracker who turned into a prince.

The second piece my mother recorded was Sonatina in G- major by Kuhlau. For this piece I had to practice it slow, count, and play with strong fingers. Next my mom recorded the song March /Marche Op. 65, No. 10 by Sergei Prokofiev. For the is piece I had to keep the beat because it is a march.  I had to practice it with the metronome and it took a long time for me to learn. This  piece sounds like solders marching in a parade.

Next I recorded the piece called Dance by Dmitri Shostakovitch. For this piece, I had to play loud and quiet and also not rush the melody. My piano teacher wanted me to count out loud, but I never counted because I do not like to.  I also had to play with all the right fingers.

The final piece  I recorded was Anna-Polka by E. Strauss. For this piece, I had to count, and I to play staccato with strong fingers.  Both Dance and Anna Polka are  happy pieces because it sounds like people are dancing at a party.

I hope you enjoy the songs that I recorded. I have been practicing all of these songs very hard.




Which piece was your favorite?

6 comments:

  1. Dear Hannah!
    It was a great pleasure to read and listen
    your post. You are a beautiful and talented
    young lady.
    You will achieve great successes if you work hard as your sisters Miriam and Sarah.
    We love you !
    Grands Mila and Isay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Baba Mila and Deda Isay,

      I really like your comment. thank you for visiting my blog. Next time I am going to record some songs on the violin.

      I hope to see you soon.

      Love,
      Hannah

      Delete
  2. Dear Hannah, our little Angel,
    We are very proud of you, you are great. At your age to play this well it;s amazing.
    You tiny hands are so fast and you can play without the scores.
    We love you,
    Grandma Tanya and Grandpa Eugene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Baba and Detha,

      I really like your comment. thank you for visiting my blog. Next time I will be recording some songs on the piano.

      I love you very much.

      From,
      Hannah


      Delete
  3. Hannah,

    Don't tell your sisters but I think you're the most talented musician in the family ;) ... I love you SO much and I hope I get to see you soon!

    Love,

    Elana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sarah,

    Bravo bravo all the way from down under.

    You always amaze me just what a wonderful piano player you are.

    I really wish BB was still playing the piano. The piano is my second all time favourite.
    But in saying this BB did play a special piece of music on the piano for me on the weekend which made me smile.

    Enjoy your summer holidays Sarah.
    Take care.

    AA :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★