Sunday, March 20, 2016

Hannah's School Talent show

A few weeks ago, I had a school talent show and I chose to play Turkish March by W.A. Mozart. Mozart was born in Vienna, Germany. At the age of four, he started taking keyboard lessons, and by the age of five he was already composing short pieces. When Mozart and his sister Nannerl were traveling to preform in concerts, Mozart also learned to play the violin and organ.When Mozart was 8 years old, he published two Sonatas for the harpsichord. Some of Mozart's most famous pieces was Eine Kleine Nachtmusik for string orchestra, which means 'A Little Night Music', and Ah vous dirais-je, Maman for piano solo, which has a total of 12 variations on a french tune. On December 5, 1791, Mozart died at the age of 35 from a high fever, and left behind a collection of 600 compositions.


After the show, our dad surprised us by taking us out for dinner to The Cheesecake Factory! We all had a great dinner and a delicious ice cream sundae for desert.





4 comments:

  1. Dear Hannah,
    I was looking at your video, it was amazing. I liked the piano video a lot. I think you're a great piano player. When did you learn how to play the piano?

    From,
    Liem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Liem,

      Thank you for your wonderful comment. I've been playing piano for 5 years, and I started when I was five. I really enjoy music and also play the violin. I like playing all music, but especially love to play classical music. My favorite composer is Bach, because I really like that he wrote his music with multiple voices in each piece. That means that the right hand has one melody and the left hand has a second melody and together the melodies sound beautiful. Do you play any instruments?

      From,
      Hannah

      Delete
  2. Dear Hannah,
    I was looking at your video it was amazing!
    I play piano too but, I play easier songs than you.
    How many years have you been playing piano?
    How many songs have you learned?
    Sincerely,
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Hailey,

      Thank you for your wonderful comment. I've been playing piano for 5 years and have learned so many songs that I lost count. I keep a folder of all the pieces I play and sometimes I go back and see if I can remember them. I really enjoy music and also play the violin in an Orchestra. We received songs to play and learn on our own and then come together once a week to practice as a group. Who is your favorite composer? How long have you been playing the piano? What piece of music are you learning now?

      Sincerely,
      Hannah

      Delete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★